Welcome to my review on a pressure cooker which we believe is the Winner in electric pressure cookers, the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Litre, 1000 W. This is a very smart looking pressure cooker and would fit well in any Kitchen. In this Instant Pot pressure cooker review we are going to be telling you about the features and how good the product is.
In fact this Instant Pot Duo is the #1 best seller on Amazon. We will also be looking at customer opinion and letting you know what people are saying about this product, both the good and bad.
I’m sure after reading this review you will be informed enough to make the best buying decision to suit you! Maybe, like us you will believe that this is the best electric pressure cooker of 2017.
If you can’t wait you can click here and go straight through to the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Litre, 1000 at Amazon or carry on reading for our review.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Review
This pressure cooker has 7 different cooking options which makes it a great asset in the kitchen, you can also read about our other Instant Pot Uk reviews
You can use this cooker as a pressure cooker, great for making a meal in a short space of time, especially when you have a hungry household expecting you to feed them quickly. You can cook a variety of foods from a joint of meat to soup.
It is also a slow cooker, if you prefer to prep your food and set it to cook before you leave for work and come home to a ready meal, then this is for you. This is great for throwing meat and veg in together with some flavourings and just let it cook. The slow cooker on the Instant Pot vs a crock pot is in our opinion superior and one of the best slow cooker pressure cookers, others being the Sage Fast Slow Cooker Pro and the Pressure King Pro pressure cooker. See what other differences we found in the Instant Pot vs Pressure King Pro.
How about a yoghurt maker, you can add your own flavourings, you can add your own probiotics and also limit how much sugar or additives, if any you add. You can make a big pot of natural yoghurt then let the kids add whatever flavourings and fruit etc. that you allow them to have.
If you need to saute/brown your meat before adding to your recipes, you can easily do that with this cooker, just add a little oil to the bottom of the internal pot and brown as normal before adding water or stock for the next stage.
You can also steam your vegetables, fish or chicken. The benefit of keeping all the micronutrients inside the pot and then keep them warming until you’re ready for them if you need to.
The instant pot 7 in 1 uk has a large, easy to use digital control panel which is easy to program, just load the ingredients, put on the lid, choose what you want to do, and go.
It is an easy to read, press button pad and there are 14 built in programs, dual pressure, automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for the saute and the slow cook options.
One of the best features of this digital control is the fact that you can set it to delay cooking for up to 24hrs. You can cook dinner, clean up then set up porridge for breakfast to be ready for when you get up, and when it’s finished cooking it automatically switches to keep warm, great if you have an extra snooze in the morning.
What about safety?
The Instant Pot Duo has 10 proven and patented safety mechanisms.
In the old pressure cookers with the weighted pressure valve on top, gravity held the valve to keep the pressure, which is why any movement caused lots of hissing and steam release, in the new electric pressure cookers the pressure sensors are inside making it an easier and more controlled way to get a precise pressure level. The sensor controls the heating element allowing the pressure level to stay consistent.
The 10 safety features are :-
- Lid Close Detection – it won’t work unless the lid is on correctly.
- Leaky Lid Protection – the pot measures the pre -heating time, if it is taking too long because the steam valve isn’t close correctly or the seal is missing it switches to keeping warm to stop the food from burning.
- Lid Lock Under Pressure – you can’t open the lid until the pressure is fully released.
- Anti – Blockage Vent – stops food particles from blocking the steam vent.
- Automatic Temperature Control – keeps the temperature regulated to safe levels based on the food within.
- High Temperature Warning – If you forget to put water in, or even forget to put the inner pot in, the temperature is measured and switches itself off if it gets too high.
- Extreme Temperature & Power Protection – There is a fuse inside which will turn off the unit if an extreme temperature is reached or a surge of electric current.
- Automatic Pressure Control – With a patented pressure sensor mechanism the pressure is always kept within the correct pressure parameters.
- Pressure Regulator Protection – If the pressure for any reason goes higher than a safe level the steam release will be automatically pushed up to release excess steam and bring the pressure down inside the pot.
- Excess Pressure Protection – If the pressure regulator protection malfunctions, a secondary internal safety feature kicks in pushing the internal pot down allowing steam into the internal chamber and the heating is stopped.
That should relieve any fears you might have about having this plugged in and working overnight or when you’re at work.
This pot is easy to use, quick, and has no lingering smells.
Only 1 pot to wash up and it’s stainless steel, not non-stick aluminium.
Great safety features and saves hours in the kitchen.
The most reviewers comment on the ease of use, and how much time it saves. When time is at a premium, any piece of equipment that relieves the stress of providing meals for your family, in a timely manner has got to be good.
Some people have been disappointed with the internal pot size, saying the 6L size cooker has only a 4.5L size internal pot.
Because the internal pot isn’t non-stick some things can stick to the bottom.
It’s more expensive than other electric pressure cookers.
About 18% of people left less than 5 star reviews, and half of them left a 4 star, so although there are obviously some people who have found the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker not to their liking, the majority love it. This pressure cooker is more expensive than other and I can understand the issue of the size of the pot, so I would definitely take this into consideration when buying.
The Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6 Litre, 1000 W is the winner in my opinion for the best electric pressure cooker 2017. The safety features are better than all the others and the fact that it makes your rice cooker, slow cooker and steamer redundant is fantastic. If you don’t mind paying a bit extra, I think with this digital pressure cooker, you get what you pay for. It’s a pity that we still can’t get the Instant Pot bluetooth in the UK, but we can buy the Lux and the 8 litre.
You can buy the Instant Pot at Argos and other online outlets but for fast delivery and the best prices we recommend that you check out below the latest price from Amazon , and see what savings you can get. If you’ve already decided and want to buy this now, click on the banner and add it to your basket.