If you’re looking to buy an electric pressure cooker and you’re interested in the best pressure cooker brand then the PureMate PM 660 Stainless Steel 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker might be of interest to you.
Depending on what you want to use your pressure cooker for can help you decide what functions you’re prepared to pay for and what you’re not. More importantly we’ll be checking at what the customers are saying about this pressure cooker to see if it is worth buying.
In this review we’ll be looking at the features of the Puremate PM 660 to see whether it can offer as much as our No1 choice the Instant Pot Duo , we reckon it’s good enough to add to our Top 10 Best Electric Pressure Cookers 2017 list.
PureMate PM 660 Stainless Steel 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker Review
What’s in the box
1 x Pressure Cooker
1 x Non-Stick Coated Inner Pot
1 x User Manual with timetables
1 x Steamer Rack, Measuring Cup, Ladle, Spoon
1 x UK 3 Pin Power Cable
Features that are offered in the PureMate PM 660
- 7 in 1 Multi-Functional Cooker, capability to be able to reduce the cooking time by up to 70% to provide slow-cooked tenderness and taste in fast food time, Medium, Low and High pressure that keeps a tight control on the precision thermostat, for accurate and delicious results.
- Built-in Safety Features, Fully Automated, Automatic Keep Warm Function, With an easy to read digital display so that you always know how far along you are in your cooking.
- Delay Cooking time up to 24 Hrs allows you to function the best time for the cooking to start so that it’s always ready for your convenience, Dishwasher safe interior, it’s also ideal to fit inside your dishwasher saving you time
- Includes safety features to reduce heat conduction and risk of burning such as cool-touch handles and a trivet to protect your precious counter top, A lid that stays locked until the pressure inside the cooker has decreased to a safe amount.
- Quick, safe and easy to use, maintains the perfect temperature from centre to edge, and from top to bottom, while cooking your food quickly and evenly, Compact Stainless Steel design fits perfectly on any counter top.
The Puremate pressure cooker is a standard size 6 litre pot similar in size and function to the Instant Pot Duo pressure cooker but cheaper in price. I you’re looking for a smaller electric pressure cooker or a larger 8 litre pressure cooker there are other options available.
This cooker has 3 pressure options medium, low and high, although I can’t think what you might use lower pressure options for as it would lengthen cooking time. Where 3 levels of temperature are more useful is in the slow cook function, if you want to do away with your slow cooker that should be possible with this electric pressure cooker.
This Puremate also has a rice cooking feature and functions well as a rice cooker. The unit comes with a measuring cup for the rice and the inner pot is marked on the side with the water level for the rice. Be careful when it’s finished it will go into the keep warm function and can make the rice a little overcooked on the bottom.
To use the pressure cooker there are buttons on the digital panel for chicken and meat, fish and vegetables, rice and risotto, soup and stew and finally canning and preserving. These buttons give you a pre-set time for the food mentioned but as in most digital pressure cookers you can manually adjust these times to suit yourself. For example the chicken will be based on raw chicken but you might want to cook frozen chicken, which you can in a pressure cooker and so you might want to add something to the time.
For some things it is trial and error unless you have used a pressure cooker before and know what you’re doing or if you have a recipe book with the correct times to use.
You have to be aware that although the time counts down on the digital display it doesn’t start to count down until it comes to pressure. You can cut that time down a little by using boiling water in the pot to begin. When the timer is finished you can let it pressure down on it’s own over time or turn the pressure valve on the top to de-pressurise quickly.
One of the good features on this PureMate PM 660 Stainless Steel 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker is the delay timer. This is particularly useful if you go out to work and want to set your cooker going to be done by the time you return home. A little bit of preparation can get you a meal on the table in no time.
When you use the pressure function you won’t be able to open the lid until the pressure is released, as with any pan you need to be careful about the heat from the steam when you remove the lid or when you release the steam valve.
This pressure cooker is easy to use, easy to clean and not too large to store on your countertop, and you will want it there because once you have started to use a multi-function pressure cooker you will not be able to remember how you coped without one.
Many customers have bought this cooker as a rice cooker and find it quick and easy to use, but those that do use the pressure cooker find it cooks quickly and quietly.
On the negative side some people have bought this as a rice cooker primarily and couldn’t get it to give good results.
When you invest in one of the best cheap electric pressure cookers UK like the PureMate PM 660 it can make your life much easier by allowing you to cook things quicker and with better timing but if you’re unsure, investing in a pressure cooker cookbook would definitely help give you confidence. This pressure cooker is reasonably priced and offers enough different features to make it a useful piece of kitchen equipment to buy.